Friday 30 August 2013

Keep on keeping on...

With two runs remaining in my trek around Australia I am finding that my love/desire for running is waning a little.

Post the City to Surf on Sunday I ended up going to see the physio about this pain I have been getting in my foot. It is on the top of my right foot, pretty much under the laces. Doesn't really give me any grief once I get going but sure does ache once I am done.

Anyway, the last time I saw my physio was about 6 months ago for an achilles issue just before and after my first half marathon of the year (Hobart). I walked into the reception and it was like walking back into my own home. I was welcomed back and asked how my running was going and how my achilles was and finally how my quest around the country was going! Seriously - it is so awesome to see that customer service and genuine care is not a thing of the passed. Even if she went and took out 20secs to check the patient file out (where she made notes I would hope) it does not matter - it made me feel like a million bucks that she showed an interest in me and my little slice of life.And on the back of that they will have a customer and endorser for life!

Yesterday (Thursday) and today (Friday) it was pouring with rain when I woke up to go for my run. This morning it was actually dry, I fought my way up, dressed and pulled my shoes on and as I opened the door the heavens opened up....back to bed I went! So I have brought my kit with me to work and am planning on either a gym session with some colleagues or a run (7k ish) if it is not raining then.

I am not sure what it is at the moment. A little like after the Canberra run (that I didn't enjoy) I feel like I am in a bit of a funk. I am not sure of the reason for the funk...not sure if it is:

* The weather
* The missing of two runs
* The sulk after last Sunday
* Work
* Tired/over trained for this little venture of mine.
* All of the above.

I know that the training will get back on track as it has to!
The weather will improve - it is officially spring on Sunday...Oooooo!
Work, well still need to buy a lottery ticket to get rid of that one.

Thank goodness it is Friday and the weekend is upon us. No travels this weekend. Some chores around the home and then on to be spoilt on Fathers Day (Sunday).

Any ideas on how to reset the mindset????

Happy thoughts and thanks for reading.





No comments:

Post a Comment