Friday 30 August 2013

Did I just interval train???

Well the weather this afternoon is still pretty ordinary (read pouring with rain!) so I decided to make the best of a bad situation and to try to get my head straight re training and hit the treadmill.

Side note: the gym at work whilst it is well equipped it has SHOCKING ventilation (ie NONE!) and so you end up drenched in sweat no matter your activity.

I have read so much on interval training and have been toying with the idea of trying it on one of my morning runs but haven't gotten around to it for various lazy reasons. But on the treadmill...excuses gone!

So this was the pattern I followed:

Warm up - 6mins @11km/h
Sprint - 1min @ 14km/hr
Recovery - 3min @ 9.5km/hr
Accelerate - 1min @ 11km/hr

Aaaannnnnddddd......repeat (sans warm-up). The reason for the random km/hrs was those were the preset numbers on the treadmill. The only difference being the 9.5km as the preset was 8 but that was too slow for me.

I lost count of the times I hit the top speed but I ended up running for 36mins all up which included a 2min cool down at the end of it all. ok so I just worked it out on the calculator and i appears that I must have done that 5.6 times....I will round down to 5 on the basis that I must have miss timed a couple due to extreme sweating... :) I may have to find a way to get this routine into regular circulation!

5 interval sprints...a new PB!! Woo hoo!

Friday smile!
Have a good one and thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment