Sunday 11 August 2013

Clothing cleardown

The excuse given to me for this horrible task was that my family needs to know what I need for my upcoming birthday (October!) and as I have so many clothes we "needed" to clear it out! I think that my wife was just sick of the piles of clothing touching the ceiling.

Gee it is a miserable task. Well while part 2 (youngest - one year old) was napping the wife, part 1 (6 year old) and I got to task. I was surprised to see how much was actually taking up space in the wardrobe. Once the area was clear it completely covered our queen size bed.

Well some fun was had in trying on some of the old clothing that I had. There were several polos that I was able to put on and actually fit my wife in the shirt with me...Holy Smokes was I really that big! I was fun and sobering at the same time! Part 1 thought it was very funny seeing me put on shorts (that used to be snug if not tight) and wiggle and them slide off to the floor!

Having gone from a 3 or 4XL I am now a comfortable XL (still like a little room to move) and from a 48 short/trousers I am a 42 with belt or a comfortable 40/38 (depending on the make/cut).

We filled 2 garbage bags of clothing FULL that we will donate to the local charity shops and there are still clothes there that I will not wear due to size but won't get rid of due to sentimental reasons (concert memorabilia / old race shirts (my first marathon shirt))

Well mission accomplished...there are now no clothes touching the ceiling, it is actually a little sad cause the piles are pretty small and I have more training shirts that I do casual shirts, and my family now know what to get me for my birthday.....more training clothes :)

Have a great week!


No comments:

Post a Comment