Tuesday 13 August 2013

HTFU*


Yesterday, I woke up early (…ier than planned) with toothache that stretched up into my ear and down the right side of my throat. Sad to admit that I am still technically teething at 36 years of age. Yup it is one of my wisdom teeth moving about. The odd this about this is that it only really gives me grief when I am stressed or at a low point. I am not at a low point and yesterday was a particularly “special” day on the hamster wheel so I know it was stress induced. Nothing to do except suck it up and carry on. The ear ache though is a new twist….anyway.

Managed to get through the Monday joys relatively scar free and I will admit that the tooth is a little less painful than yesterday. The throat feels less painful but the ear….that still feels a little off…it feels blocked and a little like swimmers ear – I don’t like it!!

This morning I had planned a 12k round the neighbourhood as a loosener from the weekend and a few more kms in the legs before the weekend Alice Springs Running Festival. Well when I awoke I lay in bed looking at the closed blinds (willing it to be raining) and made the decision that my ear needed one more day to recover (decided to wrap up in cotton wool rather than risk the weekend run)(ha! see....even now I am trying to justify not going out this morning!!)…Ultimately, I wussed out of the run! I am sitting here now sulking with myself over it too….why can I not harness this guilt feeling and apply it at 0515??

Then to add insult to injury the Sunsmart Busselton Festival of Triathlon on Facebook go and post this video:


Thanks Sunsmart – lay on the guilt trip…. :)

I have seen various videos of these guys and I think that they are both some of the most amazing and inspirational people on the planet! For more info the guys are on Team Hoyt

Ultimately my message to myself is to HTFU (*Harden The F*** Up) – a great Aussie motivational saying….so until tomorrow when the alarm sounds and I drag my butt bound out of bed I will leave the message of Team Hoyt

“Yes You Can!”

 

No comments:

Post a Comment