Thursday 22 August 2013

Be that "someone else"!

source: Cuz It's Hilarious - Facebook page

This is so very much how I felt this morning!!  Awaking to the alarm at 5:15 the last thing on my list of desires was to go for a run! I even reset the alarm for 6:15 and rolled back over....then had an argument!

Damn I can be stubborn sometimes! So I dragged myself up and nearly 45mins later I set out for that 7km loop of the park again. Why 45mins...I was being petulant and was still trying to talk myself out of the run!

It was still tough running in the humidity BUT I was glad to get out there and have a run. It was very beautiful looking at the moon over the ocean and the added bonus of clocking the run slightly faster than the other night helps.

I only saw this picture after I came back from my run and I instantly thought of how appropriate it was for my mood and feeling this morning. But then I thought about it more...given where I have come from (18 months ago...weight and fitness) I have decided that I would rather be the "someone else" than the "Homer" in this situation.

There is an advert on the radio here at the moment with the quote:

"Obsessed. That is the word that the lazy use to describe the dedicated."
 
 
I like that and as a runner at the moment and an aspiring triathlete I would be thrilled to be referred to as obsessed.
 
Thanks for reading and today why not be that "someone else"!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment