Friday 29 June 2012

Week 3 - Cruise



PHASECRUISEWeek 3
Weight21-Jun        123.5
29-Jun        121.2
LOSS for week          (2.3)
Days on Dukan              29
Loss to date          (9.7)
So another week on Dukan – wow I must confess that the time does seem to be flying by. I do find it amazing that in just 1 day away from having been on the diet for a full month.
I am at a personal new low weight at the moment. 121.2kgs – so awesome after being up in the 130s for so long in life. Hoping to maintain it into tomorrow but not sure given that I had an 8km run last night which would have helped tip it in the right direction.
 So keen to see 11x.x again. That is it…the next goal…to get under 120kgs…certainly haven’t seen that for quite some time.
Been a bit of a yo-yo effect on the scales this week.
22/06 (0.3) Loss
23/06 1.1 GAIN – Boo
24/06 (0.6) Loss
25/06 (1.5) Loss
26/06 0.3 GAIN
27/06 (0.4) Loss
28/06 (0.0) Same…
29/06 (0.9) Loss

So what is with the huge swings. Well – I know (fairly certainly) that it was salt intake that caused the huge uplift. That was the last day of the conference I mentioned last week and the dish I had for lunch has cheese baked into it and it was very salty…so I take solace in it being water weight….

The loss on the 25th – I had an AWESOME run the day before. Went for a 12km run and broke two personal records including for the first time ever running 10kms in under 60 mins (PS I beat my baby sister too - *insert evil laugh* J)!!! Mega chuffed.  So again, pretty certain it was majority water BUT the fact that I am still in the 120s means that there has been some fat loss too…woo hoo…

Three different people at work at different times comment on my weight in one day…clearly need to wear that shirt more often J It was a great boost. As someone who has for years preferred to wear baggy shirts (untucked) it really is such a boost to hear from people that they can see a change – especially people who effectively see you on a daily basis that would not normally notice the changes. Trust me I am not out shopping for skinny jeans and European cut shirts (hmmm – not the image I can pull off) but it was definite positive reinforcement for the week…extra plus…am wearing size 40 jeans (previous were 44s…didn’t even know I owned jeans like this…and there is a little bit of room in here too J)

I am not sure about any of you but I must confess to still having occasional doubts about the diet. I mean I have tried many diets in the past and they have failed mainly because I have gotten bored, it has gotten too hard, lack of results, forgotten to stick to it, etc etc so in the back of my mind I am always wondering when this one may fall by the way side. I feel reassured by the other people that I see travelling along this path and the trials and tribulations that they too suffer and at least I know that I am not alone. To all of you fellow travellers along this journey I say thank-you. Based on the rant I had in my previous post, a lot of the success of this diet/plan relies on changing mindsets that have been established/brainwashed/bred in us. This is the first steps in attempting the change.

Aim for the week ahead….
·         More weight loss….kind of a prerequisite of the journey I would say
·         Continue with the half marathon training
·         Try  mix in two cardio sessions at the gym
·         Find the positives/silver linings in the week – positive reinforcement helps more than we give it credit for!
                                               
PS – having a little tug of war with my beautiful wife at the moment. She prefers me to have a little “meat” on my bones and wants me to call it quits at 115kgs…(she says that it fits with the 15 years we have been together) however, I want to get down to 105kgs (Dukan recommended). It is all in good nature and I know that I have her full support and I am sure that once I can put a little definition on the bod she will realise that there are perks for us both J.

Keep smiling everyone and hope you have an awesome week!  

Please excuse this below - I can't get rid of it......aaaarrrrgggggghhhhhhh......
<><></> </>
PHASECRUISEWeek 3
Weight21-Jun        123.5
29-Jun        121.2
LOSS for week          (2.3)
Days on Dukan              29
Loss to date          (9.7)

2 comments:

  1. Thanks very much...still not the biggest fan of the power of the scales but certainly thrilled to be learning how to control them :)

    ReplyDelete