Friday 22 June 2012

Week 1 - Attack Phase

A quick confession. I have only just decided to write a blog so the first few weeks are more of a recap than a day by day. That said it may stay as a week by week account but will be on a more upto date basis - promise!

June 1 - 7

Well, we (wife supporting) decided that Friday June 1st would be a good day to start the diet. Friday so that I would be relaxed and would also then have a three day weekend (Monday is a holiday) to get through the carb frenzy cravings.... ;)

WE bought steak, chicken breasts, turkey breasts, prawns, fish, cooked ham, cooked roast beef and oat bran. Who knows who we were planning on feeding all that to but we were taking no chances of me getting the slightest hunger pang!

Friday, we made up chicken kebabs the night before (with a little too much chilli and garlic because when I took the lid off my lunchbox boy did the office know about it!). Good news - I made it through a work day without ripping the lid off the cookie jar and chomping the contents. Plus, contrary to any concerns - I was lucid all day and did not actually feel that hungry. Probably drank about 4 liters of water and was going to the loo like a race horse!

The weekend. Well we avoided the family invites to dinners, lunches and picnics and pottered around the house. Despite the longing, loving looks I gave to my son when he was munching on an afternoon tim tam (nemesis) I managed to remain strong. Eventually the weekend passed without event and in truth by the Monday morning I was feeling pretty good.

For the first time in my life I had tried Greek yoghurt and actually liked it. So for breakfast Monday - Friday I pretty much have a cup of plain, low fat Greek yoghurt with a spoon of oat bran muesli mixed in. Also, truthfully, I was not hungry. Whether the portions were still too large or not I am not sure but honestly, I wasn't sniffing around for more like I normally was after breakfast, lunch or dinner.

Work - I find that the easiest to get through (apart from the job) as I think I find it the easiest to have the structure. I also know the temptations, where they are and how to avoid them. First week - attack phase - easy, lunch box filled with meats (various) eat when peckish and escape unscathed from the kitchen and the bags of salted nuts, mixed fruits and biscuits...oh and the tray of muffins that some sadistic, evil person brought in to share "cause they'll only go waist at home".....be gone evil muffins......probably really doughy in any case!

Total loss for the 7 day attack phase - 3.6kgs!!! Holy smokes. Apart from a gain of 0.1kgs on day 4 (no idea why - unimpressed though) this is great. Did a 7 day attack rather than 6 as I liked the symmetry of Friday to Friday....Saturday morning weight - 126.8kgs

No comments:

Post a Comment