Friday 22 June 2012

Week 1 - Cruise

So here we are. The start of being allowed to bring vegetables back into the mix. Woo hoo. Wasn't missing veggies but like the idea of bringing them back for a little more variety.

Week 1 - Cruise - June 8 - 14
Starting weight - 126.8kgs
Ending weight - 125.8kgs
Loss - 1kg.
Dramas - gained 0.9kgs & had to travel to site for three days....

So this week was eventful. Not only had I started on a diet that was pretty restrictive and was changing my whole outlook on foods and intake but I was two days into this new phase and I gained nearly a whole kg!!!! 0.9kgs. This was not a happy moment for me. How did I overcome....I went for an 8km run. There was no way I was taking a gain like that without some kind of fight.

Really must admit that I liked the fact that seeing a gain made me angry enough to reach for my runners rather than for the fridge! Maybe there is something in this diet. A week of gradual but definite losses has instilled in me the desire to see more and more so the desire to fight for more.

I had not done much/any exercise in the first seven days as I was allowing myself to adjust to this shock to the system of not having any bread, potatoes, pasta or rice so this run was the first and was actually a really nice outlet. It was 6 am and peaceful and gave me a chance to vent and forget everything apart from the next few steps and the next couple of kms till home...

Well I was rewarded the next morning with a loss of 1.5kgs! Woo hoo - back on track. Bummer it was at 5am and I was up getting ready to go to the airport to fly to one of the mine sites under my remit. Well, three days on site, limited control over my food and no scales....brace yourself.

For those that have never been to site, it is an experience. The accommodation is clean and comfortable (at least at the sites I am fortunate enough to travel to) and the food is fantastic. There is everything you can ask for...pasta, rice, potatoes, fries, curries, roasts, steaks, veggies and puddings.....and LOTS!

I restricted myself to only Dukan veggies (mainly green ones) and food that had no sauce. Something that surprised me - I noticed how much salt was on the food. The person I was with said that it all tasted fine to him but to me...I could taste that the food was pretty salty. Not sure where this heightened taste came from but I knew it would cause me to pay when I got home. Well - three days on site and the scales showed 0.1kg drop. Woo hoo - a drop a least no matter how small - it was a victory! Celebration run the next morning! What!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment