Sunday 24 June 2012

Week 2 - Cruise

Cruise Phase - Week 2 - June 15 - 21
Starting weight for the week - 125.8kgs
Ending weight for the week - 123.5kgs
Loss -  2.3kgs
Loss to date - 7.4kgs
Dramas - yup - weight gain, birthday dinner and 3 days of conference.

Well, this week started with me thinking that the 178 days that the Dukan website tells me that I should be on the cruise phase for was rubbish and that at this rate early August it would be all over bar the shouting......hmmm.....not so much!

Week started really well with losses of 0.5 an 0.9kgs so I will admit to being pretty stoked about that. Nothing too radical by the way of meals. Pretty much standard Oat Bran Muesli and Greek Yoghurt for breakfast in the morning (sometimes with the daily coffee for the drive to work). Lunch usually consists of the leftovers from the night before, with a green salad or left over veggies, can of tuna if peckish and then dinner. Will confess to using a BBQ recipie book for inspiration for ideas on what to cook and marinade it in. Pretty fussy over the marinades and anything that looks like it is salt intensive or sugary/surupy doesn't make it onto the BBQ.

Portion sizes, these by my standards have shrunk....considerably. It was nothing for me to demolish a plate full of food, sniff around for seconds and squash that too all before my wife had even finished her first portion...not proud of that, is just a fact that I was always hungry, or at least always thinking I was hungry. Not so much on this diet - I find that I eat enough to feel full and can track without giving it another thought until the next meal time and there have even been points where I have to remind myself to eat.

So this week started on a high and I actually looked forward to getting on the scales...shock and horror. Then let the fun and games commence....I had a gain on Tuesday - 0.5kgs WHAT, WHY, HOW - WHO caused that!!! Someone spiked my food surely...well no but it did mean that I over analyzed the day before - nothing identified - put down to water retention. Horrors - next night was a birthday dinner for my brother-in-law to be. My sister had cooked a roast leg of lamb with all the trimmings. [Point to note - apart from my wife no one knows I am on a diet...personal choice here - don't want the comments/questions/remarks yet until I feel ready for them....] Lamb - not on the Dukan checklist. Well I had some, scrumptious, and just veggies and no chocolate cake for pudding...phew - that was the toughest rejection of sweets so far! probably assisted by the fact that I had a gain this morning and had guilt complex from the lamb ;)

Begin 2 consecutive weigh ins of ZERO -  ZERO loss ZERO gain...I know that I should have been happy with no gain but after a few weeks now of movement everyday no movement had me looking at my tool set and at the scale - hey, how hard can it be to fix the clearly broken scales??? This lack of movement I attributed to being at a conference for three days. No personal movement (being talked at) and catered foods. I avoided all of the morning and afternoon tea treats and just stuck to the salads and where possible the meat products without the carbs mixed in. In a desperate attempt to generate movement I actually took a change of clothes with me and jogged home from the station one of the evening.

The week in summary, it was another good week on Dukan once returned to business as normal with a loss for the week recorded. I had a person that I haven't seen in a while comment that I was looking thinner in the face and sides. It is a huge lift to be told something positive like that. For years the comments have been more in jest/fact about "holy smokes you're a big guy!" It was a big boost to hear one in the opposite! I will remember this week to pay a little more respect to the diet and not try to forecast my predicted end date with such arrogance again :)

Until next week...







No comments:

Post a Comment