Friday 22 June 2012

An introduction

Hello out there....

So today marks the first step I am taking in the world of blogging. For years I have read other blogs, laughed, sympathized and agonized along with the people I have never met. Yet I feel that in some way I have connected with them all through the world of blogs. I thought it about time to set up and start my own. What better way than to try to share my perspective on the Dukan Diet.

Why might you ask do I a) want to write a blog, and b) about dieting of all things!

The answer is simple (ish).
* In my basic view by putting my thoughts, trials and successes on the internet (whether someone else reads it or not) I will be putting a little more commitment into this diet.
* When I was researching the Dukan Diet I uncovered a wealth of blogs and opinions (some of which I will reference and hope to do justice to) the recurring theme was that it was more widely talked about by the ladies, I hope I am not the only man to be doing this but in case I am, here is my perspective.
* Finally, if you will permit me, this will also be a form of therapy....

So, before I get into the actual diet side of this blog...about me!

I will be 35 in October and am married to a beautiful, supportive and understanding wife. I have a 5 year old son that I adore more than the air that I breathe and we have another on the way.

I am 195cms (6' 5" in old money) tall and have never been "small" by any stretch of the imagination. We live in Western Australia and love it here but did not start our journey here. Both my wife and I were born and grew up in Zimbabwe. We left Zimbabwe in July 2000 for the UK where we spent (nearly to the day) 10 years. During that time we married, qualified, bought houses and had a child. 10 years passed in a flash. When we left Zimbabwe all those years ago we had a laugh by all taking turns climbing on the baggage scales to see our weights. As mentioned, never been small. As a 22 year old male, pretty much almost at my fittest I tipped the scales at an even 100kgs.  Fast forward 10 years, a broken ankle with 12 pins and 2 plates (my excuse for lethargy) and emigration to Australia we find me tipping the scales in January 2012 at 135kgs!!!! My personal recorded heaviest ever.

I decided that I really did need to do something about the weight. I am tired of the comments about how big I am and not being comfortable trying to buy a pair of trousers and more so, I want to set a better example for my sons and be more of the man that my wife deserves (even if more of means that there is physically less of me :) )

So thanks for sticking with me so far. I hope you bear with me on this roller-coaster ride and that I can give hope, inspiration or at least a smile and laugh to you as the days pass by...


No comments:

Post a Comment