Friday 6 July 2012

Week 4 - Cruise





PHASECRUISEWeek 4
Weight30-Jun        121.2
6-Jul        121.0
LOSS for week          (0.2)
Days on Dukan              36
Loss to date          (9.9)

What a crappy week…..I work in finance as it is the end of the financial year so it has been a week of late nights (midnight was the latest) and no exercise…combined with having to take my 5 year old to the emergency department at 3 am with a temp of 40 (turns out it was a bacterial throat infection – treated with penicillin and all better now!). All that aside – the reason for the below rollercoaster of weights (in my personal opinion) is down to my lack of exercise…one run and one session in the gym in seven days (for me) is pretty poor. Up till this week I have been running at least 6 kms every other day so I think I am in withdrawals from lack of runs…*cheeky smile* ahem – running… So blaming and “other” factors aside here is the fluctuations for the week and the silver lining is that for the week – I have been able to post a loss!
Woo hoo….ish!
30/06 0.4 GAIN
01/07 (0.5) Loss
02/07 (0.5) Loss
03/07 0.6 GAIN
04/07 (0.1) Loss
05/07 (0.2) Loss
06/07 0.1 GAIN

Given the late nights and driving home on empty roads with too much time to think it lead to many many many thoughts and cravings.

The silly thing is that whilst I had suspicions of having to work late it did not prep myself for it properly and therefore didn’t have any food on hand after lunch to sustain me. Crazy – mental note to at least put some tins of tuna in the desk drawer as emergency rations…

The other thing was, driving home under cover of absolute darkness, the temptation to pull in to the cursed drive through was very high…I mean really – who would have known…I would have probably woken up the poor little teenager that would have been working the grave yard shift, ordered my dirty burger and smashed it before I had turned the final corner into our road – throw the evidence in the bin and climb into bed with no one knowing but me ……….. and the scales!

Well I did not succumb! It was difficult and tempting but common sense prevailed.  It did get me to thinking again how programed I am/we are…a level of stress comes into the day to day routine and BOOM….there goes the structure and the order of things and the temptations come running in force…

·         Its too early/cold/late I can’t exercise (always the first thing to go for me!)
·         Its late, I don’t fancy making dinner/warming it up etc how about a drive through…
·         I’ll just have a quick packet of crisps
·         Wow – I could smash a choccie bar…
·         Just one beer – it will help me unwind!

And on and on….

Well, despite a long week and poor results on the scale the silver linings I am taking away from this week are:

1)      I have had an overall loss for the week
2)      The week is over!
3)      I did not succumb to the all to easy excuse to eat junk/other foods
4)      I did get one run and session in the gym at least…more to come!

Hope you all have had a better week and the week ahead is a great one!

All the best, happy scales and big smiles,

Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment