Friday 20 July 2012

Week 6 - Cruise



So this is me trying to bring the weekly update back into alignment with a 4 day update.

6 weeks on a diet – this is quite possibly the longest I have stuck to a diet and I know that this is as a result of the scales continuing to tick over. Yes there have been some days when there has been a rise but those are the days that I end up taking stock over and working out what I have done wrong and then fine tuning for the next days! The truth is that if you follow the rules and don’t stray too far from the core principles you will succeed.

So the last 4 days have been a continuation of the recovery from the man flu. Still hacking in the mornings and evenings but went out for my first run in over a week last night. Was dreading it…how quickly do you get out of a routine…two weeks ago it was a no brainer, get home from work, change and hit the pavements for a run/jog…last night it took the whole 30km drive home to mentally wrestle myself into the mindset for the run! Once out there I was glad to get out and run but I had to mentally think about the run! Whilst I run and do sort of enjoy it I am not a runner by any stretch of the imagination! I lumber along and I am certain that I am not a pretty sight and if my iPod were to stop working and I actually hear myself breathing I am sure I would be arrested for obscene noises….however, I give it a go and two years ago when I started to move I used to use lamp posts as milestones (run for two or three and walk for two or three) then upgraded to running for a song and walking for a song. Last night, even after a week off I managed to run for the whole 6kms.

The Nike+ app for the iPhone is an awesome tool. It tracks your run via GPS and shows you your average pace and your personal records. I am pretty sad – I need gadgets and gizmos like that to keep me interested and motivated. I need personal challenges to motivate and progress myself. I personally think that we all need challenges, personal and public, to encourage and motivate and help us to excel. I have a half marathon (21kms) coming up in 37 days time. This is my current challenge and focus. I would be interested in knowing what others have as their focus and drive, if you are willing to share please do.

Side note – whilst I have lost 16kgs to date on Dukan since the start of the year I have lost just over 20kgs. This means that I have lost the equivalent of my 5 year old J. Hard to imagine when I pick him up that I used to carry that around with me on a daily basis…Plus he is a much cuter 20kgs than the 20 that I have lost J

I hope that you have a great week ahead.

All the best, happy scales and big smiles.  

No comments:

Post a Comment