Monday 1 September 2014

Perth City to Surf 2014 Half MMarathon

Spring has Sprung....apparently not according to this report but I like the idea that it has so will continue to maintain that today is the first day of spring!

Well yesterday I ran in my third (in a row) Perth City to Surf Half Marathon.


As I  eluded to in my last post I was going into this race with no preconceptions of grander and was just looking forward to a fun race and being able to finish.

Well the hills once again decided to kick my lazy butt and dealt me a swift dose of reality and how far my overall fitness has slipped over the passed few months! It just goes to show that you should respect the distance....1k, 10k, 21k etc...oh and of course you have to respect the course!!!

I really did actually enjoy this run and made an effort to high five volunteers and spectators. I had a chat to several people (shocking I know...me randomly talk....to strangers...!!) along the way. It was the true definition of a "fun run" for me this time out...a no pressure or expectation run.

2:14 was my finish time. Not a record but a solid performance.

Running down the finish chute was the most fun with me high fiving as many people as possible and yelling "where is the love?" to those that didn't have a hand out for me...I am waiting for the photos to be released but I am pretty sure I will have finished with a smile on my face.

Shortly after finishing however my legs put in a separation order and are reminding me of my folly at regular intervals today!

Nevertheless, training has recommenced and I am happy to be getting back into the swing of it. Next time however, I may be a little less eager to kick it of with a 21k run!

A couple of photos from the day...
That is just a sea of people at 2kms in...and it didn't get much more spreadout...
One of my favorite views of the city on the way back to the main route
One of the best parts about coming home on race day!!!









No comments:

Post a Comment