Friday 14 March 2014

Woo hoo...Paying it forward

Really very pleased today. As I mentioned in a previous post, I registered my interest in volunteering at the Busselton 70.3 in May.


Well today I recieved:



Very pleased as this means that I will be able to help out fellow athletes and even hopefully garner a few hints and tips.

I selected Transition, Run Aid Station and Bike Aid Station as possible options to help so really pleased to get one of the selected.

This weekend I am off to the local bike shop to meet with their resident expert and hopefully I will be coming away with a shiney new machine for the road...watch this space...very excited at the possibility (the bank balance (and wife) is a little less excited).

Training wise, the plan is for a long-ish run tomorrow and then I wanted to repeat my brick attempt from a couple of weeks ago (20km ride and 5km run) in an effort to see some improvement in pace and techinque.

I have by mistake (honest!) ended up with two rest days this week as I did not make it to swimming last night so there is no real excuses for any fatigue this weekend.

Hope you all have a great one and as always, thanks for reading!

DG


No comments:

Post a Comment