Friday 7 March 2014

We could have a baby in the same length of time....(but we're not!)...


So on review of the calendar this morning a little realisation washed over me………
9 MONTHS TO GO!!!!
Actually, that isn’t 100% true…I have been obsessing about this race ever since I signed up and as such was well aware that today marked 9 months to go. That said…

Holy smokes….9 months to go!!!

Two things spring to mind here…

1)      I still have so much stuff to get

2)      I still have so much to do/learn

In terms of stuff to get, well that will be obtained gradually as we go along this path and I am sure that my training cupboard (which I need to discuss with my darling wife once our house guests leave…) will grow disproportionately the closer to the event that we get.

My next purchase, scheduled, will either be a wet suit or a tri suit. Haven’t yet decided on which one will get me the bigger benefit soonest…I am thinking the wet suit.

That will be followed shortly thereafter (bank manager (and wife) permitting) with a new road bike! My word there are some choices in this department. I can see that the internet research levels will be spiking soon!

In terms of stuff to learn…I know that there will be constant learnings as we follow this path to the finish line but I had a great and insightful conversation with a family friend last night about bikes, clothing and nutrition that has put my mind at rest in some respects and filled me with questions in others. For his time I really am quite grateful.

I know firmly now that the upcoming ride at the end of the month will be used as a fuel trailing exercise…no time like the present hey…and I will be able to see/trial a few suggestions that have been given to me. I will also be able to test the reminder function on the 910XT to see how well it works (pretty well I am sure as it is a mechanical marvel!) and how well I work with it (a little less of a mechanical marvel).

I have signed the wife and I up to a little 14k run in the city at the end of July as well as to the half marathon at the end of August. So now I just need to find a race of some description in June to keep me ticking along…

Also, exciting news…I have signed up and offered my services as a volunteer at the Busselton 70.3 in May. I wanted to try this race but it sold out quicker than I could get involved and I doubted that I would have been ready in time for it…hmmmm. Well I will be there regardless, just in a different capacity and I am looking forward to hopefully being selected to assist and to paying it forward to the sport and amazing people and athletes that are taking part.

Thanks for reading…

No comments:

Post a Comment