Friday 21 March 2014

A rollercoaster week....

So when we left off last week I was mega excited to be going bike shopping at the weekend.

So the big news is that I did in fact go bike shopping and

...............................

wait for it.................................................


I have no bike!

I made a specific appointment at a local bike shop where the guy even claimed to remember me from previous visits and we discussed my requirements and my height (6' 5") and I was left with assurances that he would have something for me to test out on the day.

Nope!

What a bust, the shop is undergoing a management change and as such barely has any bikes and there were NONE even close to my requirements and our conversation. What a waste and a mega disappointment that was! Even as of typing this the chap has still not emailed or called with any updates that he assured me he would have this week.

Never mind. I now have THREE bike shops to visit tomorrow, all of which have confirmed (I know I know much like this guy did) that they have my size bikes on the floor and ready to test.... fingers crossed we have a win this weekend.

That said, today is going well and I have had a win so far....I am the proud owner of a shiny (well not really it is a matt black finish) wet suit! Woo hoo...(brace for picture).


I warned you...please excuse the change room aspect
 Putting it on was fun....taking it off was even more of an experience (TMI but I genuinely got a sweat on!!) I can only imagine the "humour" once it is actually wet! In truth though, I can't wait to test it out next weekend!!

Due to work, training wise it has been a mixed week.

Things are particularly hectic this week (and next week is not looking any better right now) so I have inadvertently ended up with an extra rest day this week and have not actually made it to the pool at all...must try tomorrow!!

Did the BRICK last weekend (20km / 5km). Improved over the last one by 1:22 (better bike and run!). Improvement is gooooooddd!!!

Felt really good on the stair and hill repeats on Monday, starting to feel a new level of fitness creeping in!! Woo hoo!

Tuesday bike ride was ok...wasn't really feeling it 100% but still had a good ride. They have closed part of the track I ride and detoured into suburbia so there are more lights and cars to contend with and that took a little off the ride.

Thursday I managed to sneak out of the office for a lunchtime run. WOW!! A new PB on the 5k...24:30!! Mega chuffed as I felt pretty good in all areas, form, breathing, pace. Felt really good to have put some big efforts into the run. Afternoon was a drag I'll be honest and there were a few more than normal trips to the kitchen to keep "alert"!

So apart from planning to get a swim in tomorrow, Sunday is the day of the big bike ride! 80km scheduled plus the ride to and from the station looks like it should be around 100kms. Sort of looking forward to it...will be a good test of fitness and just hoping to know that I have a good base to build on rather than minimal and lots to do... pre-race insecurity / nerves creeping in I guess!

If by some small miracle I do own a new bike on Saturday I was not planning on taking her (yup its a girl already!) out on the long ride until I have broken her in...got to show her who's boss hey :) !

Have a good one and thanks for reading!



No comments:

Post a Comment