Monday 13 January 2014

2014 - going at a blurr (already)

I am not sure about you guys but I think that 2014 is speeding by rather rapidly at the moment...I am shocked that it is already the 13th!

Well...Happy New Year and I wish you happiness and health for the year ahead! Happy training and great races!!

A quick recap of the Christmas break. Being in the Southern Hemisphere we are enjoying our summer at the moment...quite the reverse of everyone in the North! Amazing photos on the news and facebook (the other news outlet!). I pray that everyone is safe and warm.

Our Christmas here is HOT! Really hot and is spent outside as much as possible. The below group of photos is from our break. Point to note - I LOVED being at home with my wife and boys and coming back to work was a real bind!!!


Christmas Dinner



Pert City from the South
BBQ in Kings Park
My new fav photo - these guys will be best friends!!
Slip and slide ... helping cool down




a rather toasty day indeed

Running continued over the December month with me able to log my highest monthly total for he year (172kms - woo hoo - PB!). This included a nice little 19km run from my house to my parents to help prepare the house for the Christmas family gathering. I have my "brilliant" dad to thank for that idea....plus once my ego kicked in there was no way that I wouldn't at least try a run to their house...more to come there I can foresee!! Run was good (hot) and was pleased that I could still go the distance at a comfortable pace (5:47/km).

Then the break hit and I spent the time running around after my boys and playing in the sea .... NO TRAINING...gee who would think that there is 12 months till my Ironman??

Well my training schedule actually starts today (honest...always had planned to start today!!) but yesterday I (again thanks to "brilliant" father suggestion) ended up riding to my parents house (different route - 30kms) to meet my dad and ride home and prepare the family BBQ for the day...so a 60km round trip pre-training ride!

A puncture halfway up a mega hill 2kms from their house ended with a call and pick up (thanks dad!). Puncture repair, banana and a coke and then the 30 km ride home was rewarded with the sight of a mother, father and baby dolphin playing the the water under one of the bridges we cross. Very cool!

The afternoon ended with full bellies from the BBQ and plenty of slip and slide fun with the boys.

Training today will consist of stair and hill repeats at the Scarborough Staircase and then I am riding to a from work tomorrow.

The parting words from said brilliant dad yesterday afternoon was "lets plan a 100 - 150km ride...soon!"

Yes Dad.....Lets!

Thanks for reading

PS - I promise I will work on my photo posting/layout abilities....



1 comment:

  1. I would like to be the first family member to comment on your blog....... We are ALL incredibly proud of your achievements - especially of where you have come from, but also knowing how far you will go to ensure you maintain a healthy lifestyle.
    We look forward to following you, supporting you and doing whatever it is to help you achieve you next goal!
    We Love You and are SO PROUD xxxx

    ReplyDelete