Monday 12 November 2012

October recap and November starts....


So there I go changing my focus and then dropping off the blogging map for weeks….sorry!

 I really am enjoying running at the moment. Don’t get me wrong, there are days that I am fed up and demotivated and don’t want to run but ultimately the feeling I get from actually getting out there and running is awesome. I enjoy the fact that my per km times have dropped so dramatically from the first time I started running (7:32m/km) through to the current average (5:17m/km).  Also, I have a small amount of paranoia that if I stop running I will gain all my weight back….. J

Any hoo….so in order to do a catch up I thought I would close off the month of October…

Kms clocked: 127.16kms
Total time: 12h 8m 25s
Average pace: 5m28s per km (improved from 6m05s in September).

I use Nikeplus to track all of my runs. I really love the way it tracks the distance, speed and time and with my iPhone it tracks my GPS location too so I get to see a map, including elevation. I am not so hard core (yet?!?!) that I over analyse all of this info but it is great to have and see. Also the Nikeplus site sends you little “badges/trophies” that mark achievements and these are what I keep coming back for…. J

I can’t seem to get to copy the pictures at the moment but examples are:

Extra Frosting – for running on my birthday
Jack O’Lantern – for running on Halloween
Sneaker Head – for tracking runs in three different types of shoes

And many many more. Some of them you don’t know about so are a really nice surprise when you get the notification. All help in keeping the motivation up too!

November to date:
Kms clocked: 49.36kms
Total time: 4h 26m 44s
Average pace: 5m24s per km

Three super cool things so far for the month of November:

1)      I ran 16.5kms on my Sunday morning run on the 4th. I ran all 16kms. I learnt more about pacing myself and by running with my sister (she did 10kms as I met her along the way) she helped keep me in check and ultimately allowing me to run the entire distance. Apart from a 5 min stop due to HAIL!!! Yup I got caught in a massive downpour that included hail and let me tell you – hail is not a motivator…I sought cover asap!

2)      I got to run in a 10km fun run with my wife at the weekend!! It was the first time we have run together in anything and I am so proud of her. She completed all 10kms with a smile on her face (and possibly a little distain for me when I wasn’t looking J). We crossed the line together in 59m 6secs. So proud of her!!

3)      I have updated and finalised my 2013 Run list, booked the flights and accommodation for the first two runs too! They are (promise this is the final list):

13/01/13 –          Cadbury Half Marathon – 21k
14/04/13 –          Canberra Running Festival – 21k
26/05/13 –          Barossa Half Marathon – 21k – this is in South Australia and am thinking that it will be an excuse for a road trip (2,500kms each way!)
16/06/13 –          Brisbane City 2 South – 14k – this is the only one not going to be a Half Marathon – long storey!
18/08/13 –          Alice Springs Half Marathon – 21k – the NT contingent  for the years challenge.
25/08/13 –          Perth City 2 Surf Half – 21k – got to run the home race J
15/09/13 –          Sydney Blackmores Running Festival – 21k
13/10/13 –          Melbourne Marathon Festival – 21k

So that is the list – a run in every State and Territory in Australia.

The training schedule is already in effect and runs for 51 weeks (yikes!) and if maintained will be for a total of 1,669kms (including the runs)!

Plus I am sure I will try to sign up for any other fun runs etc that coincide with the training schedule and are in Perth….

So until next time, I promise I will try to be better with my blogging…..

Happy thoughts and get tracks under your shoes, walking, running or jogging…it all counts!

No comments:

Post a Comment