Friday 28 September 2012

4 months....


This weekend marks 4 months on the Dukan diet for me. It sure has been an interesting process to date. I have made a personal choice that come November 1st I will move to the next phase regardless of my weight at that time. Dukan says I should aim for 104kgs and the last 3 have been so hard to shift – I mean ridiculous! That said I am about 6 weeks ahead of the trend on my weight loss to date and for that I am grateful.

 I am truly grateful for the changes that have happened for me over the past 4 months.

-          I have managed to lose 28.7kgs (63.3lbs or 4.5 stone)
-          I have gone from a 46 trousers to a 40 (possibly a 38 as my jeans can now come off without being undone)
-          My running times have tumbled – running a 5k in sub 30mins and 10k in sub 1hr.
-          My feet have shrunk!!??
-          My mindset has changed….

 My mindset has changed…it really has. Look I still have a piece or two of chocolate after dinner, I still have the odd instance of carbs (mash/chips/rice – no pasta yet) but not when I can help it.

I am happy, I am lighter and I am motivated.

I have been away on business this week [no scales – first time in a long time I didn’t daily weigh] and so sticking to the strict Dukan was difficult, dinners dictated that I attend as work functions and so carbs were consumed but I left large amounts, I had small portions and went for the more protein options on the plates…change of mindset…

I also, for the first time, once I got to the place I was staying put on my running shoes and went out for an exploratory run to find a 5 – 6km route to run along. I have never done that before and in the past would never even have thought twice about doing that!

I am pleased that my mindset has changed and I am more conscious about the things I did and ate and the activity levels I maintained! I think it shows that things are working and things are changing and, for the better, will be staying that way.

I am pleased to say that after being stuck at or around 107kgs for just over two weeks this morning on the scale I was down to 106.3kg.

Happy thoughts and lighter scales

No comments:

Post a Comment