Monday 10 September 2012

Still going and NEXT YEARS challenges


Dukan Day 102 - Cruise
Starting weight – 135.4kgs
Current weight – 108.0kgs
Total loss – 27.4kgs To go – 4kgs (Dukan target 104kgs)

I saw my lowest scale reading in years yesterday – 107.8kgs. I was stoked, albeit reservedly as I have learnt that every time I get confident/cocky on this diet it comes round and smacks me in the head…

Scales this morning were at 108.0kgs. I think that is as a result of water retention as I was thirsty all day yesterday and chugged about a litre before bed….tut tut tut. Also had three cans of Pepsi max over the course of the day which is about 2 – 3 more than normal. Again it shows that if it is in the house I will eat or drink it…I need to be more conscious of my actions….I have been thinking of getting something bright/striking to tie to my wrist that would catch my eye as I am about to reach for the snack etc. to hopefully make me stop…not sure at the moment…

On the plus side of things we were given tickets to the rugby on the weekend and so I was able to take my beautiful wife out on a date as my awesome mom was kind enough to have both boys (5 years and 7 weeks…) for a few hours. The tickets included dinner and drinks so apart from a smidgeon of potato I did not cheat….the bread rolls looked awesome though J

Skyped with a very good friend of mine on the weekend. We are close mates and talk often but only see each other infrequently due to time zones (UK – Oz) and the fact that we both have young families etc. etc…well he hadn’t seen me since I started Dukan and was blown away – despite the comment that he misses my double chin he was pleased for me which was pretty cool. Positive reinforcement is always welcome.

So I have decided (early I know) what my challenge will be next year! Originally it was to take part in a triathlon but I think I still have the running bug pretty hard at the moment so the plan is……

 10 Runs in 5 Australian cities from April – November!
(4 x half marathons (21.1kms), 5 x 14km runs and 2 x 10kms)

By the end of the year I plan of having run a minimum of 1500kms in training and actual races. I have never been one to go at things half arsed and this is just another example of that…all or nothing. I am sure I won’t be winning the races but I will be working on some personal demons and I will be winning in my sense of achievement. And to think that 3 years ago I started by running between lampposts….all it takes is one step at a time and one foot in front of the other…

My poor little sister has been conned into being my Sunday training buddy….Sundays are the longer runs and at the moment before my training starts again in earnest, for my first half of next year, we are mixing up the training…this weekend just gone we ran this thing called “Jacobs Ladder” here in Perth. 242 steps one way and up and down counts as one lap…well we made it through 5 laps…and do I know about it today…. J Positive pain…Next weekend we are going to try a little beach running.

 Hope you are all doing well and enjoying life.

Take care, positive thoughts and happy scales.

No comments:

Post a Comment