Monday 17 September 2012

Inspiration ?!?


Inspiration (noun) –

·         Stimulation to do creative work
·         Somebody or something that inspires
·         Creativeness
·         Good idea
·         Divine influence
·         Breathing in (???)

 The above is the definition of inspiration. What do you class as inspiration?

I think that it is something that we take for granted far too often and in this day and age of instant news/video/music etc. I personally (and sadly) think it is and is becoming harder and harder to identify someone or something that is truly inspirational.

Business leaders, Sporting greats, World leaders, Religious leaders and more all play their part in making news headlines, mostly for the wrong reasons. Yes, I know that the news is selective and only publish what sells but the fact that these things occur is sad.

Is it me?

Do I live such a sheltered and naive existence that I cannot see the inspirational around me?
             Have I become desensitised to the wonders around me?
             Have I lost my spark/motivation/[dare I say it]my inspiration?

I have had it said about me before (to my wife and not to me directly) that I am always upbeat and cheerful and very rarely see the negative in something/someone. Whilst that may be true of my outward persona I do see the negative in things but I choose not to broadcast them or gossip about them and I think that it is much easier to share a smile than a frown. I still firmly believe that and will never change my views in that regard.

I have found myself frowning more and more of late and I think that it is time for that to end. I have taken up the mantel of “runner” as an integral part of my lifestyle change and vow that as part of that quiet (apart from the laboured breathing) I will use the time to meditate on and renew my positivity and to find the inspirational and the wonderment in my surroundings!

I vow that I will be inspirational to my two sons and wife.
I will find time each day to give my Thanks to the Lord for the wonderment and beauty around me as I feel that I take the blessings and challenges laid before me for granted far too often.


Apologies for a pretty heavy post but I have been feeling under a cloud for the last couple of weeks and need will shake that off and strive forward!

In closing here is a quote that I read today and think that is so apt in life….

I only have a few reasons to run but a truckload of them to quit. All I can do is keep the few reasons nicely polished
               Haruki Murakami

 Happy thoughts and positive views…thanks for sticking with me there!

No comments:

Post a Comment