Monday 2 December 2013

Wow this is a random post....


So I have been a little BLOGGER AWOL for the last couple of weeks…life continuing to get in the way of life really J

Nothing exciting to report. Since my last little rant about the lack of response from the local tri club they have still not gotten back to me and I have still not got off my own butt to contact them verbally (or at the event like I had planned). Need to get myself motivated to go and talk to them.

I have also not really focused on any particular area of my training. I have been going through the motions a little. Whilst I have definitely stepped up the training levels, from 3 days per week running only to a variety of gym, running, swimming and cardio 6 days a week, there has been no particular work on improving one area.

Another silly thing is that after buying two new pairs of riding shorts, a new kit bag for the office complete with full set of toiletries I have not ridden in….doh! Two weeks now I have packed my bag on a Monday, brought it in to work with me and then driven in rather than riding…the excuse…I slept through the alarm both times! The solution…stop staying up so late.

I did have a swimming milestone reached…I swam 2kms unbroken (in the pool) in 45mins…really please for a couple of reasons. Firstly, that is the longest distance that I have swum ever without stopping. Secondly, I did it in 45mins which means that I am within the cut off for the 70.3 swim already and I hope to improve from here (with some focus). Another positive on the swimming front is that I have found a masters program at the pool I swim at that does open water swimming every weekend at a beach new home so in the New Year I will be joining up!

Running has been ok. My pace, stride and breathing has been off for the past few runs. I have also had a mix of running solo, with people slower than me and MUCH faster than me. So it has been a mixed bag of runs. I did have a 10k yesterday that felt semi decent so hopefully I am getting my mojo back. My boss (yup I know the boss!) has bought himself the same watch that I use for tracking (Nike+ sportswatch). He is getting back into running and has set a challenge for the two of us via the Nike+ website. The target…run 120kms for the month of December.
I am leading (after 1 day) by 4kms...woo hoo!!!
 Sounds simple enough and with my previous training regime yup easy but with the current mix of activities it could be a little more interesting. Then throw in Christmas and work closure for the week….hmmmmm will have to see how it goes…I can see my competitive streak kicking in and the mixed training taking a back seat for the month!

So lets see if I can bring some sense to this post in a few points…

1)      I am going to have a “clean” December…a focus on cleaner eating and removal of junk foods during the period in which stuffing oneself is almost the norm! As well as improving on my sleep times (which is really needed!).

2)      New Year resolution 1 – join a tri club.

3)      New Year resolution 2 – join the swimming masters program.

4)      New Year resolution 3 – set up a 4 weekly cycle of training focus on each of the three disciplines. Rotating through each prior to signing up for the Ironman races.

5)      Sign up for the 2014 Ironman 70.3 and 140.6 races!

A bit sad having some resolutions already (given that it is December) but these are my aims and goals…plus it is one of the first times in a LONG time that weight loss is not mentioned in the list.

Hope all is well and thanks for reading!

DG


No comments:

Post a Comment