Tuesday 19 November 2013

In a bit of a funk...


I am sorry but I am in a bit of a blue zone right now and this could be a bit of a whinge fest…stop now to avoid me being a sook.
 
My mind fascinates me…I think that I should donate the damn thing to science for them to try and work it out cause I tell you what I sure can’t!

After the completion of the Melbourne Marathon back in October I feel like I have been a little lost looking for my focus. Hang on…looking for my training focus. My focus is and remains on getting to the line of the Ironman and I am steadfast in that! My training at the moment has been tentative at best. Without the deadline of a race to train for I am feeling rather lacklustre and any excuse to get out of training is being utilised fully! Avoided swimming last night and actually slept through my alarm this morning so missed my riding to work! Don’t know when I last slept through the alarm. I do have my swim gear with me and plan on hitting the pool on the way home tonight!

I sent an enquiry email to my local tri club at the end of October and they have not gotten back to me…I will be honest – that annoys me and makes me question why I should bother with them if they cannot respond to a simple email…are they THAT popular that they are inundated with correspondence?!?! Anyway, I shall suck it up and I will call them to hopefully talk to someone. I do think that there will be value for me in talking with other like-minded people and learning the new (to me) art of triathlon. Any thoughts on questions I should ask them?

On Sunday our family pet was bitten by a snake and sadly had to be put down and it is really difficult to explain to a 6yr old the reasons things like that happen – one of the times that it sucks to be the grown up in the household. It is also the anniversary (yesterday and today) of the passing of two family relatives. I think/know that all of these things are contributing to my mood at the moment.

Now on to some things that I am truly grateful for and am Blessed with…

1)      Family – an amazing wife, two awesome sons that mean the world to me, and fantastic family support crew, enough to make anyone envious

2)      Friends – far and wide, who make me laugh, give me a hard time when I am sooking and generally make me feel like I matter

3)      Health – still breathing and am injury free!

4)      Other blogs – I enjoy stalking reading the exploits of others and find that they are a source of inspiration and motivation.

5)      1st world problems – I am grateful that I have such small insignificant issues in my life. I pray for those with real issues around the world…may they have peace and comfort in their times of need!

Sorry for the whinge but thanks for letting me get it off my chest…I honestly feel better just for having typed this.

Thanks for reading and hope you are having a great day!

DG

PS Hurry up and open the Mandurah 70.3 for entry so I can focus my efforts!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment