Wednesday 29 June 2016

Again....and again....AND again....

4 weeks….seriously!! So where have I been and where has time gone….I would have to say that is a pretty valid question.
  So by way of a quick recap…


Hamstring – with great excitement I progressed through a number of runs. 4km no issue…..another 4km no issue (and a bit quicker)….a 6km….an 8km that actually felt glorious!! Point to note these were all on flat (ish) courses. I’M BACK BABY!!!

I then went along (and sort of organised) a club run at a local park. Just a social 8km around the perimeter and then a social breakfast afterwards. Well part of the course is known as the rollercoaster as it is a steady undulating climb…but the key is climb. Needless to say I managed to take a strain to a tear (complete with bruising) and inability to walk and fully extend my leg for a few days. 4 weeks of physio and I have been allowed to run 1km…woooo….took me longer to get dressed than actually run but it was nice to have a little trot…so I am now gradually returning to running with some positive loading and hopefully get my running season back on track just without the targets.

Quick side note – I am sure that I could have done some swimming or biking to counter the lack of running but firstly LAZY ASS and secondly my foundation (my wife) underwent a little bit of a knee recon. I got to play Mr Mom (badly) and pamper her a little (yes wife – I have pampered you……a little!!) and so between school drop offs and pick ups and similar such things I have no idea how moms are so organised and it blows my mind!!! Recovery is going well and I am becoming more and more redundant which is a life saver for our boys (and me)!

Plus without getting too heavy on the topic, it is amazing the impact of the lack of endorphins on the system when you are not able to exercise. I was seeking out comfort food, my motivation to get up declined, my positive sleeping habits suffered, my water intake dropped and my mood definitely suffered.
Replace weekend with MONTH.... :(

Clean eating habit – the picture says it all…I fell off the wagon pretty hard…more through ultimate laziness than anything and I completely own that. That said, the wagon is re-hitched and we are forging our self back on track…



So here we go again, a chronicle into my return to fitness (real fitness not pizza fitness), hang on and thanks for coming on the ride…again...

No comments:

Post a Comment