Monday 29 December 2014

The Obligatory 2015 post...

So it is that time of the year...again...

The time when we take stock of the last 12 months of the year and decide/resolve on what we can/will/may do better in the next 12 months.



I have never really been a big New Years person. I still enjoy the party and the usual festivities but since my boys came along I enjoy a somewhat more subdued evening (partly due to the fact that a 2 year old has no appreciation for parental sleep deprivation).

To me, it really is just another day in the year. Sure the calendar flips over and for the next month, at least, I will type the wrong year on all of my reports but life goes on. It is much like the proverbial "Monday" or "Tomorrow". Seriously, for MANY years I resolved to lose weight and get fitter "from January 1st"...I was sucked in by the New Year / New Beginning mentality. Really...what was the point of waiting for a mythical day of the week/year to start something. In the end my lifestyle changes happened part way through the year and I couldn't be happier with that! What it actually took, for me, was the final mental click happening and the realization that there was only one person that could change me....ME. The amazing support network I am Blessed to have around me certainly ensured I had a constant flow of support and encouragement and for that I am forever grateful.

So after all that is said and done what is my intention for 2015...well in all reality, from a sporting point of view, there is only one major event that I want to achieve and that is the completion of my first full Ironman event in December.

To you all I wish you all the very best with your endeavors, goals, desires and plans for the future. I hope you remain healthy and safe in your pursites.

Thanks for reading so far and I look forward to sharing my ramblings over the upcoming months.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment